– Rep. Jim Marshall (R-Beaver/Butler) will host a paper shredding event on Saturday, Aug. 24, from 9-11 a.m. at the Chippewa Municipal Building, located at 2811 Darlington Road, Beaver Falls
Free on-site document shredding will be provided by Iron City Workplace Services, and the event is sponsored by Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania and Maryland.
“This is a great opportunity to shred documents with personal information much more quickly than a home shredder allows. The industrial shredder is also better at protecting the information than some home models – don’t take the chance with information that someone could use to steal your identity,” Marshall said.
Residents who plan on taking advantage of the service should note:
• No large binder clips or hardbound covers will be accepted.
• Materials more than 1 inch thick will need to be broken down prior to being put through the machine. Staff will be available to assist.
• Materials may be transported to the event in boxes, bags or plastic tubs; however, only paper and cardboard will be handled by the shredding company.
• There is a limit of two boxes, or the equivalent, per vehicle.
• This event is for residents only, no businesses please.
No advance registration is required to participate in the event. For more information, residents should call 724-847-1352 or visit RepMarshall.com
Representative Jim Marshall
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Alison Evans