CHIPPEWA TWP. – Rep. Jim Marshall (R-Beaver/Butler) will host a paper shredding event on Saturday, April 13, from 9-11 a.m. at the Chippewa Municipal Building, located at 2811 Darlington Road, Chippewa.
Free on-site document shredding will be provided by Iron City Workplace Services, and the event is sponsored by Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania and Maryland.
“The best way to protect against identity theft is to make sure that financial and personal documents are securely shredded,” Marshall said. “This event is an opportunity for people to dispose of large quantities of documents for free.”
Residents who plan on taking advantage of the service should note:
• No large binder clips or hardbound covers will be accepted.
• Materials more than 1 inch thick will need to be broken down prior to being put through the machine. Staff will be available to assist.
• Materials may be transported to the event in boxes, bags or plastic tubs; however, only paper and cardboard will be handled by the shredding company.
• There is a limit of two boxes, or the equivalent, per vehicle.
• This event is for residents only, no businesses please.
No advance registration is required to participate in the event. For more information, residents should call (724) 847-1352 or visit RepMarshall.com
Representative Jim Marshall
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Abbey Haslam